Newberry County Sheriff's Office Finalist For The Freedom Award | News
The Newberry County Sheriff’s Office was named a finalist for the 2012 National Freedom Award. The Freedom Award is the highest recognition given by the U.S. Government to employers for their outstanding support of employees serving in the Guard and Reserve.
Each year, Guard and Reserve employees, or a family member acting on their behalf, have the opportunity to nominate their employer for the Freedom Award. Wesley Palmore, who is Lieutenant with the Newberry County Sheriff’s Office, nominated the agency this year. Wesley is a Captain in the South Carolina National Guard and is currently on active duty in Afghanistan.
“We are proud of Wesley and all that he accomplished in both areas of his service,” said Foster. “Our thoughts and prayers continue with him and his family and pray that he will return home quickly and safely.”
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Legendary Speakers to Present at Fairfield County Historical Society Annual Meeting
- The Lumber River Quartet To Sing At Lake Wateree Baptist Church On April 28
- Cop who shot wife while on duty sentenced to 17 years in prison
- Son charged with killing parents denied bond
- Deputies: Son being questioned in double homicide