Council members say 'YES' to put Sunday alcohol sales on November ballot | News
Newberry council members voted unanimously Wednesday night to let the voters decide in November whether to allow Sunday alcohol sales.
The Newberry County Council held a public hearing and took the third and final reading to ask a ballot question about having the Sunday sales.
All council members agreed to put the issue on the November ballot.
If the vote passes in November the county will see the sale of alcohol in stores and restaurants on Sunday.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boil water advisory issued for the Town of Ridgeway
- Legendary Speakers to Present at Fairfield County Historical Society Annual Meeting
- The Lumber River Quartet To Sing At Lake Wateree Baptist Church On April 28
- Cop who shot wife while on duty sentenced to 17 years in prison
- Deputies: Son being questioned in double homicide