Lottery winner becomes instant celebrity | News
A Whitmire man never wanted to be famous, but winning $100,000 changed all that.
The winner says he’s tired of the spotlight and folks coming up to ask him if he really won the lottery.
“I tell them I don’t know what they’re talking about,” he said.
“They know I’m lying,” he confessed.
Word traveled fast in the small town of Whitmire where he spent $5 on a ticket at Thomas Grocery & Grill, scratched and won $100,000.
The winner is not sharing his plans with the paparazzi; instead he’s hiding out until his 15 minutes of fame are up.
As of Tuesday, three top prizes of $100,000 remains in the $100,000 Cash game.
The odds of winning $100,000 are 1 in 480,000.
Thomas Grocery & Grill received a commission of $1,000 for selling the claimed ticket.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boil water advisory issued for the Town of Ridgeway
- Legendary Speakers to Present at Fairfield County Historical Society Annual Meeting
- The Lumber River Quartet To Sing At Lake Wateree Baptist Church On April 28
- Cop who shot wife while on duty sentenced to 17 years in prison
- Deputies: Son being questioned in double homicide