Newberry County Sheriff, Coroner, and Clerk of Court to be sworn in for new terms | Events
Newberry County Sheriff Lee Foster, Newberry County Coroner Craig Newton, and Newberry County Clerk of Court Jackie Bowers will each take the Oath of Office to begin their newly elected terms in their respective positions on 3, 2013, at 4pm in the Court Room of the Newberry County Court House.
Sheriff Foster will begin his 7th term, likewise Mrs. Bowers will begin her 7th term as Clerk of Court, and Craig Newton will begin his 2nd term as Coroner.
The ceremony will be followed by an opportunity to speak with the Elected Officials at a social that will include light refreshments.
The oath will be administered by the Honorable Eugene C. Griffith III,
Circuit Court Judge in the Eighth Judicial Circuit and the Honorable John Kittredge, Justice of the South Carolina Supreme Court.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Legendary Speakers to Present at Fairfield County Historical Society Annual Meeting
- The Lumber River Quartet To Sing At Lake Wateree Baptist Church On April 28
- Cop who shot wife while on duty sentenced to 17 years in prison
- Son charged with killing parents denied bond
- Deputies: Son being questioned in double homicide