Police: Woman arrested again, on drug charges | Crime
The Newberry Township Police Department arrested a woman who was already on house arrest on drug charges, the report said.
Following a several month investigation, officers arrested Linda Sue Amaro at her place of employment, according to police.
Police say this isn’t the first time Amaro has had a run in with the law. Amaro was arrested in July 2010, for delivery of a controlled substance when she sold drugs to police and other drug related arrests on multiple occasions, the report stated. Amaro was arrested, convicted and placed on house arrest.
The department said they received numerous complaints regarding drug activity from Amaro’s address since that time.
The report said Amaro was engaging in the sale of controlled substances in an area where many families and children lived.
Amaro is currently facing charges of delivery of a controlled substance and driving under suspension from a February 2013 investigation.
Amaro was held on $15,000 bail and placed on a detainer from York County Probation for a probation violation and is currently in York County Prison.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Legendary Speakers to Present at Fairfield County Historical Society Annual Meeting
- The Lumber River Quartet To Sing At Lake Wateree Baptist Church On April 28
- Cop who shot wife while on duty sentenced to 17 years in prison
- Son charged with killing parents denied bond
- Deputies: Son being questioned in double homicide