Deputies looking for people who shot at, ran into victim | Crime
Investigators are searching for leads into a vehicular assault and shots fired incident that occurred on Highway 121 near Calvary Church Road around 2:45 on Sunday morning.
According to the Newberry County Sheriff's Office, the victim was walking along Highway 121 when a vehicle pulled alongside him. The victim said the passenger of the vehicle yelled at him and then fired two shots at him. The victim told investigators that he ran, but the vehicle looped back and struck him knocking him down. The vehicle then fled the scene.
The vehicle is a light blue Buick possibly a 1998 model. According to deputies, the driver of the vehicle was a black female with short hair. The passenger of the vehicle was a black male with short hair and a brown shirt.
The victim received only minor injuries from the incident and did not seek medical treatment.
Anyone with any information about this incident is being asked to contact Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC OR the Newberry County Sheriff’s Office at (803) 321-2222.
A reward is being offered for information leading to the identification and arrest of the suspects.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Legendary Speakers to Present at Fairfield County Historical Society Annual Meeting
- The Lumber River Quartet To Sing At Lake Wateree Baptist Church On April 28
- Cop who shot wife while on duty sentenced to 17 years in prison
- Son charged with killing parents denied bond
- Deputies: Son being questioned in double homicide