Grand opening of Pomaria Community Food Bank | Community Spirit
On March 2, a food bank will open its doors to the community of Pomaria.
There will be a short ceremony and light refreshments at 10:00 a.m. for the volunteers and contributors before the grand opening to the public at 12:00 p.m.
The food bank will be located on Victoria Street.
This food bank was started out of the trunk of a car at morning church services by founder Shelvy Ham, and with community help and a lot of prayers, has evolved into the wonderful facility.
The food bank will serve Pomaria, as well as surrounding areas.
Food, clothing or monetary donations are always welcomed.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Legendary Speakers to Present at Fairfield County Historical Society Annual Meeting
- The Lumber River Quartet To Sing At Lake Wateree Baptist Church On April 28
- Cop who shot wife while on duty sentenced to 17 years in prison
- Son charged with killing parents denied bond
- Deputies: Son being questioned in double homicide